Self-paced studies allow you the flexibility to benefit from our professional development trainings at a time and pace that is most convenient for your own schedule.
Please note that, in order to receive continuing education hours via self-study, NYS Education Department/Office of the Professions stipulates that a self-study course must incorporate a post-test to determine if the learner has mastered the knowledge, skills and abilities for the course. The learner must achieve a minimum passing score in order to qualify for continuing education credit.
To register for a self-paced study:
1) Click on the "register here" button next to the described training and follow the instructions for registration.
2) After you have viewed the training at your own schedule and pace, you will be directed to the link for the course evaluation and the link for the post-test, and you will be asked to provide your license information.
3) Upon passing of the post-test, we will process your CE certificate and will email it to you within 5 business days.
Assessment and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs)
Duration: 2 hours
2 CE contact hours available for NYS LMHCs, LMFTs, LCSWs, and LMSWs
Facilitator: Elise Derevjanik, LMHC, PMH-C, Owner, Becoming Mental Health Counseling, Beacon, NY
Recognizing the importance of quality maternal mental health support during her own experience of becoming a mother, she has dedicated her practice to meeting this need in the community. Her practice is focused on supporting the mental health needs of women and families on their journey.
People of every age, income level, race and culture can develop Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) during pregnancy and within the first year after delivery.
Left untreated, PMADs can result in long term consequences including chronic depression and anxiety, disruption to the family system. dysregulated attachment and long-term impact on child development.
1) Participants will be able to identify signs and symptoms of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
2) Participants will learn about effects of untreated PMADs.
3) Participants will learn effective therapeutic tools to address perinatal mental health complications.
Join Elise Derevjanik, LMHC, PMH-C for this self paced two hour online webinar.
Elise Derevjanik, LMHC, PMH-C
Owner, Becoming Mental Health Counseling, Beacon, NY
Elise Derevjanik LMHC, PMH-C is a licensed mental health counselor and perinatal mental health certified, with advanced training in infant loss and bereavement, and fertility. Elise is a founding board member of the New York State chapter of postpartum support international. She is the practice
owner and a therapist at Becoming Mental Health Counseling in Beacon NY and has been a practicing mental health counselor for over 10 years.
Recognizing the importance of quality maternal mental health support during her own experience of becoming a mother, she has dedicated her practice to meeting this need in the community. Her practice is focused on supporting the mental health needs of women and families on their journey to becoming parents, including family planning, fertility, loss, pregnancy, birth, and early parenthood.